Friday 11 July 2014

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick Review


I'm not usually one for bold lips, they look amazing on other people but always seem to wash me out or look clownish. Never the less I picked these two up in the hopes that this time it would be different and I have to say, I wasn't disappointed. These are one of Bourjois's new releases, a matte liquid lipstick that comes in 8 shades (mostly brights). You can get these from Boots or Superdrug for £8.99 in the UK, or from ASOS for $17.13 in the US. The packaging is elegant and practical, a plastic bullet with a doe foot applicator for easy application. The tops of these also match the colour within, so they are easy to distinguish in your make-up bag.

Olé Flamingo! 05
Frambourjoise 02
As soon as I applied these I knew that I would love them, the formula is extremely pigmented, smooth and velvety and dries down to a matte texture within a few minutes. The lipstick also lasts amazingly, staining the lips slightly so that the colour lasts all day. However what really shocked me, was how much I loved the colour. Both shades look amazing on the lips, they don't wash you out and look very bold and sophisticated. 

'Olé Flamingo 05' is a bright, cool toned pink ,which looks especially gorgeous on paler skin tones, and 'Frambourjoise' is a lovely plummy reddish colour. 'Frambourjoise' is now my favourite red, comfortable to wear, lasts the whole day and doesn't dry the lips out. These lipsticks have given me the confidence to wear bold lips, I would definitely recommend them. 

Tip! - If you don't know which shade to get, put a few swatches of these on your hand and hold it up to your face, this way you can see which shade will suit your skin tone.

Have you tried these yet? Let me know what you thought in the comments. Also, don't be afraid to request a review!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment