Sunday 13 July 2014

Maybelline New York BROWdrama Sculpting Brow Mascara Review


Like most women, I hate my brows. They are sparse, patchy and hard to manage in general. Not to mention the fact that, because I have blonde hair, it is impossible to find a brow product that doesn't make it look like I've filled them in with an orange crayon. For this reason, I am always sceptical when trying anything new for the brows, nothing ever seems to match right with my hair colour or look natural. 

This new brow mascara from Maybelline is said to be a highstreet/drugstore dupe for the popular Benefit 'Gimme brow' gel, which is a coloured gel fibre brow mascara priced at £17.50. The Maybelline version is coloured, however does not contain fibres to thicken the brows. 

The Maybelline brow mascara is available from Boots and Superdrug for £4.99 in the UK. If you do not live in the UK, Feel Unique stock Maybelline and ship worldwide. The Maybelline brow mascara comes in 3 shades, 'dark blonde', 'medium brown' and 'dark brown'.



The packaging of this is slightly lacking in my opinion, the tube isn't very sleek looking or sophisticated, however it isn't the worst packaging considering the price. The wand is topped with an odd, ball shaped applicator which I found quite difficult to manoeuvre through the brow. It is easy enough to comb through the front and middle section of the brow, however it is tricky to coat the hairs towards the end without getting product on the skin. Any mess is easily cleaned up with a cotton bud however, and I'm sure I will get more familiar with the brush after a few more uses. 

In terms of formula, I was very impressed. The colour isn't too warm toned and so looks natural in the brows. The formula is also very long lasting and doesn't leave the brow hairs crunchy (unless you really pile it on). I use this either in combination with brow powder to hold the brow in place and add a bit more colour (if I can be bothered), or on its own on 'natural make-up' days. The product can also be layered for a darker, fuller brow.

Overall I am very happy with the brow mascara, it creates a lovely natural looking brow, perfect for everyday. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who struggles with their brows, even just to use over brow powder or pencil. It holds the hairs in place all day and gives a subtle hint of colour to help frame the face.

Let me know if you've tried this product, did you get along with it? 
Also, don't hesitate to request any reviews you'd like to see!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment