Monday 7 July 2014

NYX Butter Gloss Review


NYX is a brand that has only recently been available in the UK, so I was happy when I could get my hands on these. Usually sold in the US, you can now buy NYX products online here or find them in NEXT stores. Although NYX products are much cheaper in the US, the brand is still affordable in the UK and so I thought I'd make a small order and see how I liked them. I bought 2 butter glosses from Cherry Culture, along with some other NYX goodies, and when they arrived I fell in love at first swatch. I put another order in straight away for 3 more shades, but this time from www.nyxcosmetics.co.uk so that delivery would be quicker (yes, I was that keen). These butter glosses are available in the US for $5.00 and £5.00 in the UK. 

(L-R) Peaches and Cream, Maple Blondie, Creme Brulee, Vanilla Cream Pie, and Eclair



Peaches and Cream
Maple Blondie
Creme Brulee
Vanilla Cream Pie
Eclair
These glosses feel extremely smooth and buttery on the lips, not sticky at all. In terms of pigment I would liken them more to a medium to sheer lipstick than to a gloss, some shades have more pigment than others. They are also very moisturising so there is no need to wear a balm underneath. My favourite shade would have to be 'Peaches and Cream', a lovely bright pink shade which is perfect for summer. These would be ideal for girls who don't like the consistency of lipstick, but want a nice subtle pop of colour on the lips with a slight sheen. There are 22 shades available in the US, meaning a great variety of colours for all different skin tones. So far these are the best glosses I have found for highstreet/drugstore prices, amazing pigmentation, texture, shade selection and they last a decent few hours on the lips too. I would definitely recommend these and I can see why they are so popular.

Have you tried these yet? Let me know you're thoughts down in the comments and don't hesitate to make any requests!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely review! I like how natural each shade is, so pretty xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, same, I'd really recommend them :)

      Louisa xx

      Delete