Wednesday 16 July 2014

Seventeen Instant Glow Shimmer Brick Review in 'Pink Bronze'


I picked up this shimmer brick from Boots recently after hearing that is was very similar to the new Bobbi Brown shimmer brick in 'Beige', which is priced at £32.50. The idea of a shimmer brick is that there are 4-5 shimmery shades lined up together in one pan, the shades can be used individually or swirled together as highlighter, blusher, bronzer or even an eye shadow.The Seventeen shimmer bricks are priced at £4.99 and come in 2 shades, 'Pink bronze' and 'Gold bronze'. I went for the peachier 'Pink bronze', since 'Gold bronze' seemed a bit too dark and coppery for my skin tone.


'Pink bronze'
The packaging of this is impressive for an affordable brand, sturdy and sleek looking. There are 4 shades ranging from a light beige 'highlight' shade to a coppery bronze.



 I have used this product in 3 different ways, as a highlighter (keeping my brush in the lighter section of the brick), a blush and an eye shadow. I think this product is best suited for highlighting as it is very shimmery and can be quite overpowering as a bronzer. As a highlight, this looks beautiful, it creates a lovely light bronze shimmer to the high points of the cheek that looks amazing with a tan. It is important, however, that you use a light hand when applying this, otherwise it is less 'glowing from within' and more 'disco ball disaster'. The shimmer brick also makes a lovely bronze blush (applied sparingly to the apples of the cheeks) and the darker copper shades look great as eye shadow (copper-toned eye shadows will make blue and green eye colours really stand out).

Overall I would really recommend these shimmer bricks, they are super cheap and can be used for a variety of different things, meaning they would be great for anyone starting out in make up or who is on a budget. Although I cannot compare this with the Bobbi Brown shimmer bricks, the products look very similar and I have heard that they are amazing dupes for one another. Regardless, they are definitely worth trying for the price and if you would prefer a more pink-toned affordable shimmer brick, Revlon have a similar product in 'Rose glow' which also looks lovely.

Have you tried these out? How did you like them? Let me know in the comments.

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of that brand but those look like they'd be awesome as eyeshadow :)

    http://ramyun-pie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing!I would love to see you on my blog!
    xoxo Antonella !

    ReplyDelete